James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2012 F-250 6.2L gasoline,

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a 2012 F-250 6.2L gasoline, and the a/c stopped blowing cold air. The compressor is working fine. I have a feeling that there may be a fuse out for the head unit in the dash. Any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The truck sat for about two weeks after I had some surgery, and before that everything was working fine. My wife and I took it out, and the a/c did not blow cold air. But, I checked the compressor and it's cycling normally from what I can tell.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Hello, does this have automatic temp control?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's a lariat.
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Does the passenger side blow cold air at all or do neither sides?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Neither side.
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Since the compressor is running the AC should be working correctly. Usually your concern would be caused by a bad blend door motor. The blend door motor is what changes the temperature from hot to cold.