Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2003 T Bird with codes 2107 and 2110.
, Started the car

Customer Question

Customer: 2003 T Bird with codes 2107 and 2110.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started the car and the etc light came on and it ran very rough. turned the car off and restarted it and no problems. Several days later cel came on. Codes 2107 and 2110 I have also been having problems with the power packs on the spark plugs. so far have replaced 4 of them.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Both of these codes are related and point to a problem with the Throttle Body. First, inspect the throttle plate and make sure there is no binding and that it moves smoothly. Sometimes a good cleaning can cure this problem. Using some throttle cleaner and a toothbrush, clean the throttle bore, plate and plate pivot points trying to get as much build-up off as you can. If the cleaning helps, but doesn't solve the problem, then the Throttle Body Assembly may need to be replaced. Make sure to inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires before replacement. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.