piciu1982
piciu1982, Ford Technician
Experience:  ford technician
46335329

My name is ***** ***** ,i have a 2003 ford 350 diesel truck

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** ,i have a 2003 ford 350 diesel truck my instrument panel is not working therefor my glow plugs will not work i charged it ,after charging instrument panel is not working ,they used to spike and go back down,now truck is running the only thing on instrument panel working are turn signal lights.my abs light is on,brake light is real dim along with check engine light,power windows are dead,what could this be ?Ive checked fuses and relays and they were good.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: this happened last year when the temperature outside hit around 10 degrees,truck would not turn off with key,had to pull injector fuse to kill motor,this morning battery completely dead now this problem with the dash after charging.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how much less and how long is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  piciu1982 replied 1 year ago.

if your instrument cluster, radio, and power windows dent work check all the fuses and accessory delay relay, if everything is ok replace instrument cluster. all ford pickup trucks have accessory power relay inside instrument cluster , its not replacable, turn signals. and other light on instrument cluster are hardwired, that means instrument cluster don't have to work for them to operate,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why don't the glow plugs work?Will changing the instrument cluster make them work?This all started when the battery died...How would that affect the cluster?Battery died after pulling injector fuse because truck would not shut off,next day the problems started.When this happened last winter replaced the ignition with and it did not help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why don't the glow plugs work?will changing the instrument cluster make them work?This all started when the battery died...How would that affect the cluster?Battery died after I pulled injector fuse because truck would not turn off...next day the problems started...When it happened last winter I replaced the ignition switch and it did not help... Any thoughts???
Expert:  piciu1982 replied 1 year ago.

glow plugs got separate control module, is it 6.0 or 7.3 L diesel engine