Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2002 ford focus diagnosticstest engine light is on shows

Customer Question

2002 ford focus diagnosticstest engine light is on shows p1451 evap emmissions,system vent ctrl.whats the cost to repair
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

The P1451 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid. On this vehicle, the Solenoid is part of the EVAP Canister itself, so if faulty, the Canister Assembly will need to be replaced. Give an inspection to the electrical connector and rubber lines to the canister looking for anything loose, broken, damaged. If the visual inspection checks ok, the Canister (with new solenoid) sells for around $148 and the Labor Time Guide calls for just under an hour to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi John! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in with you and see how you made out? Did you have any other questions on this issue?