Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

2006 F 150 5.4 reduced engine power code an heat gauge pegs

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Harris 2006 F 150 5.4 reduced engine power code an heat gauge pegs but engine is not hot pull over cut key off wait 1.5 minutes restart everything OK drive on happen pretty regular
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about the nut in the shell
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If there is no misfiring then it most likely needs the thermostat and crossover pipe replaced. There is an updated part to fix the false overheating.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks