Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

On my 1997 Ford F-150 my factory installed alarm goes off a

Customer Question

On my 1997 Ford F-150 my factory installed alarm goes off a random times, for no reason. Last night it went off 5 times. Not to cool for me or neighbors. Help??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The flash triggering of the alarm system is in most cases caused by a failing door ajar switch and in order to determine which one you will need to start with having the system scanned. That being said the system can be disabled and you will still have use of the remote key less entry system. Would you like to by pass the system which will stop the alarm from sounding?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will you advise or inform further?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Are you wanting to by pass the system to keep that alarm from sounding?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

To do so you will need to install a jumper wire in the RAPS module. I have enclosed the steps in the link below as well as the module location. Follow the steps in the link and that will keep the alarm from sounding but you will still be able to use the remote entry.

Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/RAP%20by%20pass%20Jan%2013.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/RAP%20Mod%20Jan%2013.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.