Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My wife is driving to Philadelphia and says her 2014 f-150

Customer Question

My wife is driving to Philadelphia and says her 2014 f-150 is making whining noise from engine at like 1500 rpm.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello can she tell you anything else about the noise is it making it all the time? Is it accompanied by any other issues, One thing that comes to mind is the alternator. Has she had any warning lights anything at all

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warning lights or anything but she was driving 60 mph with it in 4w high for like 50 miles.

That shouldn't... have caused any issues. Although that may be a few miles over recommended speed. It is always difficult for me to advise in situations like this, We are talking about a fairly new pick up Has the noise got worse or is it going away? Does speed or road surface have any bearing on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She pulled off the turnpike and parked at a Sheetz for 10 minutes and it seems to have gone away.

Okay praise God. Nothing worries me more than one of our women out there on the road with problems. I will be on standby right here and im up late if anything happens. But if you think we have resolved this kindly give me a positive rating for it is how i receive credit for helping you. And always remember any follow up to this is available. I pray for your wifes safe journey