A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police. My brake and ABS warning

Customer Question

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police. My brake and ABS warning lights are both on. Traction control is off and not working. Get diagnostic codes U1900 and U1262. Front brakes serviced 5000 miles ago. Rear brakes new pads and rotors. Car brakes fine and no pedal fade. What is the issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 11 months ago.

Did the code U1262 come from the ABS module?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. Sorry it took me a little while to get back to you. I work at a dealership during the day turning wrenches on Fords.

The problem is an internal fault in the ABS module. The ABS module is mounted on the HCU (Hydraulic Control Unit) for the ABS. Replace the ABS module to repair the problem. When the lights are on, you will have normal power assisted braking. But No Anti Lock brakes which if you panic stop, the wheels will lock up and skid.