Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I all of a sudden have an idleing problem. My car was dyeing

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Wood. I all of a sudden have an idleing problem. My car was dyeing every time I stopped. My mechanic cleaned out the fuel system for he said it was all black inside. It worked for a short while, but then resumed stalling each time I took my foot off the gas when stopping. He re-cleaned it and increased the idling speed such that it idles at 19 MPR, which I can tell is lowering my gas mileage considerably. I'm concerned since I've owned the car about 6 years and never had this problem before. I really need to get it to where the idle speed is more reasonable. I note that my wife
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to get it to work at a lower, but sufficient idle speed. As an example, my wife's Jeep Liberty idles between 5 to 9 mph. What speed should my Town Car be set to operate as it has in the past. Thank you
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 10 months ago.

What year is your Town Car?