Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I recently noticed that i'm losing coolant and discovered

Customer Question

hello. i recently noticed that i'm losing coolant and discovered where the leak is coming from. can anyone help me identify what part this is? and, if it's easy enough that i can have my hubby do the repair? thanks in advance!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** you desribe where the leak is coming from or do you have a picture to show?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi scott. i've got a picture. give me a minute to figure out how to upload it.

Ok great, that is the thermostat housing, best to replace that entire piece as they are made of a plastic that breaks down over time. I would get one from a dealer and not a aftermarket parts store, they are better quality.

Tell them you need the whole housing assembly, not just the thermostat cover.

Here is removal instructions.

If you have any more quetions just ask, also I am not a employee of just answer, the only way I receive any compensation is when you rate the service I have given, thank you for your business!