Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Got a 2006 f150 heat and a/c only comes out defrost no floor

Customer Question

Got a 2006 f150 heat and a/c only comes out defrost no floor or vents
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

When the air flow will not change between levels, this is most commonly due to a faulty Mode Door Actuator. This actuator is what turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to route the air flow towards the different output zones. The actuator is located behind the driver's side/center of the dash mounted to the HVAC housing. You can gain access from under the driver's side dash (just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal). Inspect the electrical connector for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the door pin by hand. The output should now change. If not, the HVAC housing will need to be removed, opened and the internal door repaired as needed. If the inspection checks ok, replace the Mode Door Actuator. For an image location view of the actuator, click here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/harjglly4k59caz/mode-act.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.