rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2008 manual ford and wont shift into gear. its very

Customer Question

I have a 2008 manual ford and wont shift into gear. its very hard and this just came sudden. I had previously however noticed that the gears were a bit hard to shift and now the clutch feels softer than before
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You probably need to remove the trans and do an inspection of the complete clutch assembly including the throwout bearing, clutch and clutch plate.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks.i will try that and revert
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Ok, thanks, ***** ***** don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need ma again later on.