rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 2013 ford fusion with eco boost keep dieing. After it is

Customer Question

My 2013 ford fusion with eco boost keep dieing. After it is warmed up if you shut it off for a few minutes and start it back up and take off it dies. There are no engine lights, so I assume there are no codes to look at. When you push on the accelerator it just dies out. When you shut it off it starts right up an usually runs fine. Where should I start looking?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You need to test the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge, and you really should attach a scan tool and read the associated data that can cause this as well.

Thanks, Ron