James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My name is ***** ***** and my 2007 Ford Explorer won't take

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and my 2007 Ford Explorer won't take gas when I try to refuel. It seems if it does take it the pump constantly cuts off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, when I attempt to refuel it make take $1.00 worth of gas before the pump stops. The check engine light is on. Oh and there is a gush of air coming out of the tank when I open the tank.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I will wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this issue you are having is the carbon canister on the vehicle is plugged up. This allows a vent in the fuel tank while you are filling up. They get plugged with dirt and can't vent the fuel vapors. You will need to replace the carbon canister in order to correct your concern.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hey how are you? I just want to see if I can still offer you assistance? If my answer was helpful please remember to leave me a rating so I receive credit for assisting you. If you have any other questions please let me know?