Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Lton, 95 explorer no electrical power, no light, horn,

Customer Question

Customer: Hilton , 95 explorer no electrical power, no light, horn, nothing. Battery good. sednoid was replaced for the 2sd. time & then no power?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what else to say.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter are you getting any power at the fuse located in the under hood fuse panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheeked all fuses under hood & side of dash next to driver door & all look good.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay but are you getting power to any of them? You will need a 12 volt test light or a volt meter to check them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power to any of the fuse blocks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay , all power to the fuse come from the two fuse link wires that attach to the fuse panel from the starter solenoid. Since you have replace the solenoid ,go back and make sure you did not leave one off and if both are in place then check and see if you have power through them . They are fuse linked wires and if there blown there should be some signs of a heated wire and or melting. See the wiring diagram in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20distribution%20Jan%209.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could they be in side a wiring harness as I can't find any inline fuses in any single wires coming off the solenoid.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

They should be visible as the mount right on the solenoid just as shown in the wiring diagram . Are you sure they did not fall down when you changed the solenoid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found them & no sign of any burned or melted wiring.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There is a black and a gray wire link, the black wire feeds the fuse panel and the gray feeds the charging system, do you have power on the black wire link all the way to the fuse panel?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

It should provide power to the 50 amp fuse located in the panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have power on the black wire going in to the fuse block
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay so do you now have power at the 50 amp fuse as well as the other fuses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the two 50 am out & checked to make sure I had power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay if you have power in and out of the 50 amp fuse the complete panel should have power, does it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cheeked them all just to be sure
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay but are the fuses in the block now getting power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they check good & the block has power to all the fuse sockets
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay so do you have power to all the fuses in and out of them? You said earlier there was no power to them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I checked my meater & had it set on the wrong setting. They do have power
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay so if that is the case and all the fuse have power then you should have power in the car and it should start.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Do you have power in the interior fuse panel as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should of would of but no it won't unless I jump it at the solenoid w/ screwdriver but it won't keep running.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then you back to a problem with the wiring to the solenoid. Are you 100% sure you have all the wires hooked back up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I took off the wires from the old on I put them the new one.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay but you stated you had no power to anything, is that still the case?