EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

, I'm trying to find the VSS signal on my 2012 F350 $WD

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm trying to find the VSS signal on my 2012 F350 $WD SRW Diesel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi. I am not sure you will be able to get a vehicle speed signal for what you want to hook up. Your truck gets the vss signal from the abs sensors and then communicates that to the pcm then to the instrument cluster over a network communication line.

Thank you for viewing my response? Were you able to find a usable signal? Do you still need to find one? Let me know and also rate my service. Thanks.