Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2010 ford escape 2.5 cranks, runs seconds and dies. throttle

Customer Question

Customer: 2010 ford escape 2.5 cranks, runs for 2 seconds and dies. throttle body or MAF?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cranks, starts, immediatly dies, pressing throttle pedal causes no change
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Can you remove the air intake tube from the throttle body, turn the key on, apply throttle and verify the throttle blade responds?

Is the oil level correct?

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.