HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Here. my 2004 f150 5.4. wont start. with key on everything

Customer Question

Customer: TIM here. my 2004 f150 5.4. wont start. with key on everything is normal.then in start position nothing almost like its locked out. ive taken battery loose and also changed the fuel pump driver module.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, when you turn the key to on does the check engine light turn on with the other warning lamps? Does the red theft lamp flash fast when the key is turned to on or stay on steady a few seconds then turn off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light is on with others...theft lamp on steady then off.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok and it doesnt crank or it cranks over and wont start? Why did you change the fuel pump and driver module? No fuel pressure? Did you check the inertia switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not even trying to crank...changed fuel moduel its was cracked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to continue this tomorrow.. ive been called into work..
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, Take a look at the starter relay in the passenger side kick panel, see if it looks like it is melted or overheated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it on the fuse block panel
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes upper left side relay number 01 in the diagram im attaching. See if it is melted, if so, the fuse panel and relay would need replacement, if ok,, verify you have battery power at the starter solenoid on the starter motor,large cable is battery power at all times, smaller wire is from the ignition switch when cranking. If you have power cranking, bad starter. If no power jump across the two terminals from hot battery feed, starter should engage

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?