HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Here. wipers stay on all the time. only way to turn off is

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** here. wipers stay on all the time. only way to turn off is to remove fuse or battery terminals
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: switch off the engine and windshield wipers continue to stay on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

Look for the wiper relays and swap with the same size with any of the ones in the relay box. You will most likely find a bad relay.

I use the windshield wiper circuit to test relays for I never have to turn the key on and if the relay is bad, then I know that the relay is bad if the wipers stay on.

It is a trick that us electricians use to test relays when we can't find our relay testers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled out the relays and the wipers continues to stay on. I am referring to the relays under the hood. 5 pin slot, there are 2 and not sure which one for the wipers so I pulled both and the wipers continue to stay on. next suggestion?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

They will stay on because the relays are pulled. Now swap them with another 2 and see if the stop. If they do, the relays you pulled, one is bad or both bad.

That circuit works backwards. The motor is always powered. It is when it gets the signal is when the motor stops. i know it is weird, but they have it setup backwards for safety in case the switch goes bad or something and the wipers still work to get you home.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, swapped the relays. No change, the wipers continued to operate. Had a new relay and threw that one in the mix & still no change.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what kind of vehicle is this,year,make,model engine size?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?