James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 1995 f-250 with a 7.3 powerstroke and I have

Customer Question

I have a 1995 f-250 with a 7.3 powerstroke and I have problems with it surging at low rpm''s. It acts like it is starving for fuel. After changing fuel filters numerous times, with no results. I would love to hear some answers or even suggestions. ive done replaced the ecm and now the only other thing i can think of is the throttle position sensor.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Have you put a scanner on it to check the oil pressure on the ICP sensor? Or the IPR command state?

When was last oil change? Oil still fresh?

When it is surging, are you getting smoke? If so, what color?

I would check the IPR and the ICP pressure to make sure the commanded and actual are close to each other to make sure there is no issue on that side of the engine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The truck has had new injectors from baby swamp and the HPOP has been rebuilt from terminator. It feels like it's staving for fuel. When I turn my chip to level 6 there isn't any smoke like before. But I do get a quicker response.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

With the tuner work done, i don;t do to much with them so I will opt out for someone that does work with tuned trucks for they have other unique issues and this could be one of them.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. But I will start with the sensors youve told me
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, have you removed the tuner from the vehicle yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have and its back on stock. Runs the same. It doesn't have any throttle response
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

If you unplug the icp sensor is there oil in the sensor? If you run with the icp unplugged does it run any different?