Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford 2003 F3 50 4 x 4 won't engage the four-wheel-drive I

Customer Question

Ford 2003 F3 50 4 x 4 won't engage the four-wheel-drive I know little bit about the hubs what about the transfer case
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it can be an issue with either the transfer case shift motor or relay that controls the system. Do both the 4x4 lights come on when the key is turned to on and go out when running? Do the lights come on when shifting to 4x4 mode? Have you had a diagnostic check for codes done on the GEM module for the 4x4 system? If you have manual hubs does it lock into 4x4 by locking the hubs manually?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Did you want me to make a phone call to you? I know the system will prompt you for this service. I cant get on the phone for bout an hour and a half from now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
David 2003 ford f350
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Im available if you would like a phone call

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pump and vacuum cylonid for front hubs.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you resolved this concern?