Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Failed smog at idle HC at 1900F53 chassis pop code 538 on

Customer Question

Failed smog at idle HC at 1900(###) ###-####F53 chassis pop code 538 on koer
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Code 538 can mean the engine rpm did not increase during the KOER test, there was throttle application during the test. This code will not cause the smog issues. Have you cleaned the intake and valves using sea foam fogging the intake through a vacuum line? Have you checked the compression and fuel pressure? Have you changed the air filter and fuel filter?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris