Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Name's ***** ***** 05 mazda 3 had to put chains on last two

Customer Question

Customer: name's ***** ***** 05 mazda 3 had to put chains on for the last two days... ABS light stays on (after chains removed) and cruise control will not set was thinking it was something to do with the speed sensor or some other sensor.. as I have checked all of the ABS fuses and they are good
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: power will come on for the Cruise control. but it will not set.. I took the battery off line twice trying to clear the abs light.. the second the battery is reconnected even after several hours disconnected the ABS light stays on immediately
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Let's see if we can get this one sorted out.

It's possible that the chains may have damaged the wheel speed sensor on one of the wheels. To check you will need to remove the wheels that had chains on them (I'm assuming the front). Once you have the wheels off you should see a black wire running from the frame to the wheel hub just behind the brake rotor. You'll need to inspect that wire for damage.

Let me know what you see.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to see if you need any additional assistance.