Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

My name is ***** *****,I have a 1995 7.3

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****,I have a 1995 7.3 Powerstroke,starting to have problems with fuel tanks.Ford dealer denies to work on it because it's 20 years old.It has dual tanks and 168,000 miles.Problem started by it just shutting down while driving on the front tank,it sat for a month,after that just out of curriosity switched to the rear tank,it started,I found a certified diesel mechanic,left it with him for a feww days,he called back and said he diagnosed it to the switching unit that sits on the frame rails,so I bought the part for 378.00.He put it on,truck ran fine,but noticed after filling both tanks,the fuel guage pegged 1/4 inch past full and has not moved,over 100 miles on both tanks,guage still pegged,could this have anything to do with the sending unit in the fuel tanks,truck was bought new in 95 still in great condition,it has shut off on me once since this,I can't seem to get a straight answer on what my next step should be,can you help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Should I consider changing the sending units
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait a few
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Take the truck back to the mechanic you had the switch done and have him check the ground on that switch. The ground is shared and there could be a short or loose ground. I suggest to take to him/her for it will make them stand behind their work at their cost.

It seems to me that the ground is loose from the switch replace.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?