Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2000 f250 super duty with the v-10. i have a short

Customer Question

i have a 2000 f250 super duty with the v-10. i have a short im trying to track. the radio went to intermittent static, then my horn and my cigarette lighter fuses blew. i have left the radio off since and replaced the fuses for the horn and lighter (i have not turned the radio back on), they are still good. it has grown to where my interior lights will stay on so i have removed the light relay so they are not on. my dad added rear facing lights on the same track so they are 'on' outside the interior relay control.
Submitted: 11 months ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

I need you to remove the fuse box under the dash and the GEM module behind it. Take both apart and see if there is water signs, like rust and electrical arcing. If so then you need t replace both and have the windshield removed and sealed.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.