Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2002 ranger and all of a sudden the speedometer,

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ranger and all of a sudden the speedometer, wipers, and the key and light warning bell quit working and the abs light on the dash is on. All the fuses are ok. any ideas on the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will do all i can to help. Lets try this, With the engine running, leave the wipers on, if they are not working, just twist the switch lightly, (not even to engage the starter of course) just twist it back and forth a little and see if the wipers come to life then. let me know if they do. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried this with no change in the wipers or anything else. What's next?
Expert:  Edward replied 11 months ago.

The constantly don't work correct? or does it come and go? The wipers are completely dead all the time with no speed at all? is that correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
None of the issues come and go. Yes the wipers are dead all the time with no speed available.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did you see my last response to your questions?
Expert:  Edward replied 11 months ago.

That was my suggestion as I thought perhaps the ignition switch contacts were worn out, and sometimes just moving the key slightly will get everything back working again. It's possible it's the interior fuse box, or a wiring problem somewhere in the harness. I will opt out in case another expert has seen this exact problem before. Thank you.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The first tech opted out, would you like me to try and help?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Moose, I took it to my local Ford dealer. The problem was in the dome light switch. All of those components run through a 10a circuit in the number 26 fuse slot. The fuse was bad just not blown.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Glad you got it resolved. Since you have already paid for help is there another concern you would like me to help with?