Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 ford Taurus air conditioning compressor runs all the

Customer Question

2005 ford Taurus air conditioning compressor runs all the time. This time of year only using heat. While looking for a squeal I noticed the compressor kicking in and off every 2 minutes. Only way I was able to stop it was to pull clutch relay.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if the defrost is on, it will cycle the compressor, whether the heat is on or not. If you completely turn off the heat a/c and blower fan system. Does it still cycle the compressor then?

Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Is this electronic climate control? or is it just manual climate control with blue and red colors on the dial? if it's digital with numbers on the display, it's electronic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no in the off position compressor doesn't run. only runs in air conditioning or heating positions.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, that is normal. The compressor will cycle in any defrost mode, or a/c mode. if it's in any defrost mode no matter where the temperature setting is. If you put it on VENT only, does it cycle then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
runs in all positions except off.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, that is likely a problem in the A/C control panel itself. however, I can't be 100% sure with that. So I will opt out in case another expert has another suggestion. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Edward.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Would you like me to try and help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i went andg got my wiring diagram book. Looks like its normal

Glad you got it resolved. Since you have already paid the website to get help. Is there another concern I can help with to earn a rating?