Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2004 ford focus 2.3 motor engine light came on had

Customer Question

I have a 2004 ford focus 2.3 motor engine light came on had checked have changed fuel pump module, injectors cleaned,fuel filter changed, now the light is back on as well as the air bag light also the car bucks light its not getting fuel and the interior lights dim it also makes a ticking noise by the fuses on the left inside Can u help with it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, what code(s) were stored originally that lead you to replace most of the fuel system? Are they the same codes now? Do you have a scan tool that can pull codes for the airbag or count the number of times the airbag lamp blinks on the dash before staying on solid?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what codes that came up was everything i replaced the only thing i didn't replace was the oxygen sensor I have it at the garage right now but when i started it up today the air bag light is off but engine light still on and the car is still making that ticking noise
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Ok I need to know what the code numbers are such as P0303 for example. The ticking noise is coming from the engine like a lifter internal engine noise or coming from the front drive belt area?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Ok its making a ticking noise from the fuse panel. Is the vehicle charging?Altenator working properly? Low system voltage?