Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** ***** and I have 2006 F150. past year the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have 2006 F150. For the past year the Dash Warning Lights will pop on and the gauges will stop working. Most of the time, I could smack the dash and thing would go back to normal. Lately, it happens regularly.. I pulled the codes a couple of weeks ago when the check engine light stayed on for about a day and found codes U1950, U1900, U2013, and U2023. The truck has never been reflashed to the latest firmware because I have ignored the message Ford sent a few years ago that the Instrument Cluster need to be reflashed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know anything else other than what I wrote.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

All the fault codes you are getting support failure of the IC. (instrument cluster) providing you have power and ground to the cluster connection. Anytime the cluster is replaced it will require programming as well. You may want to verify that you have power and ground at the cluster before replacement. I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below which will show you the power supply wires as well as the ground. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/cluster%20wiring%20Jan%205.pdf