EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have been told i need a GEM module in my 2001 ford

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** i have been told i need a GEM module in my 2001 ford excursion v10 because some of my door locks are working intermittently. my windows, wipers and everything else is fine. Is it that or the door lock actuactors?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not sure how much more info i can give you...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: when do i pay before or after my issue is answered?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I have been at the Ford dealer for many years and I would be willing to bet you just need new actuators. It is common. I have replaced several on one vehicle.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is my issue Ford is telling me its the GEM but i dont have any other issues?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I have seen GEMS go bad. But usually the actuators get noisey or lazy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just dont want to spend $600 for the GEM that they are telling me that the repair cost that not work than spend another $100 for the actuators.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I hear you. GEM is not really common to fail that way.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Have you installed actuators? Please rate my service and let me know if you have any more questions. Thank you.