Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years ASE Master tech L1 . Ford master
11302663

2012 Ford Escape. I was syncing a new phone & moved my car

Customer Question

2012 Ford Escape. I was syncing a new phone & moved my car while doing so. Now my radio is not working. Shows direction, temperature, & "FORD ESCAPE" only. All buttons are dead. Any reset instructions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 11 months ago.

greetings,

There are 2 things I would do at the dealer. I would do a hard reset then a master reset. The hard reset is when the battery negative is disconnected. The master reset is done through the Sync/my touch system. Sometimes the APIM module will glitch and sometimes even lock up. I have seen this from time to time with updating and or programming. The hard reset will cure this most of the time and if not we do a master rest. If still a problem the vehicle will need to be reprogrammed or checked for the latest update and worst case the APIM replaced.

you should leave the battery negative off for 10 minutes. If you have the production date or even the vin# ***** can tell you if this would be covered under the basic 3/36 warranty. if you have FORD extended coverage it may also be covered if you are past the time and mileage.