HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Will the use of "off-road" diesel fuel in a 2008 Ford F550

Customer Question

Customer: This is Tim .... will the use of "off-road" diesel fuel in a 2008 Ford F550 void the warranty?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: owner had several turbo charger problems and dealer made repairs. Owner came in again with engine trouble and red fluid was found all over the engine. He told techs it was home heating oil. However he later changed his story to say it was off road diesel. I know that home heating oil is specifically mentioned in the warranty as a no-no, but what say you about "off road" diesel?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, yes it would absolutely void any warranty and do damage to the fuel system and catalytic convertor. Off road diesel has a red dye in it and is only meant for farm equipment and such since they dont use emissions components.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what if the owner can demonstrate the off road diesel is ultra low sulfur (15 ppm sulfur maximum)?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Anything to do with the word off road or red dye will void the warranty most likely.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern? Any way ford can void a warranty they will void it