Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2007 ford ranger that would not start at 8:00 am it

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2007 ford ranger that would not start at 8:00 am it crank over about 30 times but then 2 hours later it fired right up last two years having problem when weather gets below freezing my son and i change the fuel pump but problem still exist got any suggestions. its got the 4.0 motor with 93000 miles on it just put new spark plugs in it this year and a new battery.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

When the engine will not start do you have proper fuel pressure, injector pulse and good spark to the spark plugs, can you check these things and see which one you are lacking when it will not start and we can work from there. It would also be useful if the computer system could be scanned and see if there any fault codes setting.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Just want to know if you where able to check the thing I mentioned and one other thing I want you to check is when it will not start take a look at the check engine light and see if it comes on with the key and goes out while cranking. Check this and let me know and we can work from there.