HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2005 Ford T-Bird. The issue is when I am driving @

Customer Question

Hello - I have a 2005 Ford T-Bird. The issue is when I am driving @ normal surface street speeds or freeway speeds and accelerate to pass, the car looses power - RPMs drop off & car will not accelerate. Once I remove my foot from the accelerator & press it again, the car will gradually accelerate. It actually makes the car unsafe. Your thoughts?
Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sounds like an issue with a loss of fuel pressure. A diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool should be one to see if any lean codes or fuel pressure fault codes are stored. If so it would have to be driven with a fuel pressure gauge to verify if the fuel pressure is dropping and monitoring the fuel rail pressure sensor to see if it matches the actual pressure reading. If it is a fuel pressure loss, it uses a pickup up pump and main pump on both sides of the tank. If the vehicle sits for long periods of time, the fuel pump sock filters can deteriorate and plug the pump. both pumps should be changed at the same time with the fuel filter.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?