Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** ***** and im trying to wire turn upgraded

Customer Question

Customer: hey my name is ***** ***** and im trying to wire turn upgraded side mirrors to my 04 expedition
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My new mirrors have turn indicators that i would like to work but the original harness is not wired for them... im trying to run a wire preferably from my dash cluster turn ind. to it but I could run it from my blinker I just dont know how to access the door wiring harness properly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: actually sure that would make sense
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What exactly do you mean by "access the door wiring harness properly"?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is a rubber almost hose in all car doors that is impossible to get a wire through... It protects all wires going to the doors and I cannot get another wire in.

Why can you not get another wire through there? There is plenty of room in the grommet for more wires.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry I just went around the grommit outside, I didn't have time to sit around my computer all night...

Umm im sorry I troubled you.