Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The blend door actuator I replaced it and I tried to test

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. The blend door actuator I replaced it and I tried to test the new one, but it doesn't move when i switch from hot to cold
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure...I had the clicking sound in my 2002 Ford Explorer....I've watched a video on how to replace the blend door actuator. I purchased a replacement part for O'Reilly (Dorman 604-207) I checked for binding once the old one was removed and there is no binding. At first my A/C unit was stuck in the cold position and not that I have the new one installed, it's stuck on heat and doesn't switch back to cold unless I unplug the new one
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

If the new actuator will not move while plugged up, not mounted and commanded. That means the climate control is to blame not sending the signal to the actuator.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris