James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My name is al and I have a 2005 powerstroke 6 liter I just

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** I have a 2005 powerstroke 6 liter I just did a air leak test on high pressure system and found a bad ipr I replaced it and retested the only place I have a air leak is at the pump shaft between pump an gear is this normal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Truck threw code for low icp changed sensor and drove truck truck shut down hooked scanner and wouldn't build pressure. suspected ipr so changed ipr but with air test, putting shop air in right valve cover icp sensor port only air can hear leak and feel is at pump shaft between pump and drive gear. some say this is ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the seal between the pump shaft gear is a normal leak.unless it's a very large leak. You should hear faint leak in this spot.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, were you able to correct your concern?