Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I am trying to install an aftermarket amp and i am trying to

Customer Question

Customer: I am trying to install an aftermarket amp and i am trying to find a wiring diagram for the harness. (I have myfordtouch without premium audio)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to know which of the wires are the rear outputs and which wire that can be used for the remote wire
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: aprox how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Hello. What year and model ford to you have? Sorry if you already provided this information. I am not seeing it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No worries, its a 12 Ford Edge, I have the headunit out and the 54 pin connector unplugged. Just would like to know which wires are for the line out converter and which one is for the remote wire.

OK, so you want a connector diagram describing what pin is what?.

give me a few minutes to look through all the connectors and see if I can find it.

Ok. I found them. There are actually 2 of them depending on which system you have. I can send them both to your email if you would like for 5.00 as an additional service option.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the myford touch with nav and without the premium audio. can you point out which wires are the ones for audio and which one can be used as a remote wire?

most of them are for the entertainment system. the diagrams I have show the connector view, with wire colors and descriptions. I can submit an offer for as little as possible, and upon accepting the offer I can send them to your email and then you can decide which wire you need to cut into.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have pictures of the harness (without color) I am looking for someone to help tell me which wires i need to cut into

I have no idea which wires you need to cut into or what exactly you are installing. You should have installation instructions that came with the device your attempting to install telling you what wires to cut into. what I have is the connector diagram that tells you what wire is what so you know what your about to cut into.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

From the audio control module to the digital signal processing unit. Those wire you asked about are:

Enable violet/red

LF violet/yellow

RF violet

LR brown/blue

RR yellow

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey Chris, thanks for getting back to me. Which harness is this? When looking deeper it looks like from the touchscreen (54 pin connector) the left and right audio is sent to the audio/radio module below the screen. There are two harnesses plugging into that one.
thanks again
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Chris, you only provided one wire color for each speaker. I need the + and -. Also, some of the colors are incorrect. After a lot of searching, I found my answer.To those who are interested:
2012 Ford Edge Car Audio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Battery Constant 12V+ Wire: Gray/Red
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12V+ Wire: N/A
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Blue
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Radio Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Black
Car Radio Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Tweeter Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Tweeter Depth: N/A
Car Audio Front Tweeter Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Brown
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Orange
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 6″ x 8″ Speakers
Car Audio Front Speakers Depth: 4″
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6″ x 8″ Speakers
Car Audio Rear Speakers Depth: 3 4/5″
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Positive Wire (+): N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Negative Wire (-): N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Size: N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Depth: N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Location: N/A

Glad you found it. I thought you only wanted the enable wire and signal output wires.