Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F250 Pickup Super Cab 4x2: 2011 Ford f 250 super duty

Customer Question

2011 Ford f 250 super duty - all gauges, radio, & a/c go out while driving. Lots of recent snow & wet weather. Where do I start?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer. Is the engine or trans effected when this occurs?Are these things flickering or going out for a longer period?How long do they stay off?When you say AC do you mean all of the climate control?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Engine & trams not affected.
going out for a few seconds at a time, not all of them at the same time every time.
Truck continues to run & operate properly.
A/C - all climate control, but blower still working.
Have you noticed if the drivers door windows, locks, and mirror switches also fail?Does this occur often enough that you can check the power on some fuses while occurring?Lets go ahead and rule out the ground. Can you remove the radio and ground 201 sand and clean it, shown in the link below. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/g201.png Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, the windows are affected
Usually doesn't last long enough to check fuses while occurring
Can you resend document? Only partial one received.
We are in Tx - just had huge snow storm & this first occurred after going through a large amount of water
Were you able to check that ground?Does it occur long enough that a test light or meter wired to the fuse could tell us if its losing power from a quick glance when it happens? If its a fuse power loss issue then its the BCM failing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Haven't checked ground yet. Will do tomorrow morning.
Where is BCM located?
The BCM is the fuse box under the dash.
I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. Thanks Chris