Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

There is a plug coming out of the wire harness of a 2001

Customer Question

Customer: There is a plug coming out of the wire harness of a 2001 Ford Focus 2 door hatch back with a 2.0 zetec engine the wires are red/grn. I have a crank no start issue changed fuel pump, camshaft sensor checked all the plugs and fuses, relays. It starts when I put starting fluid in it so I know it has to be a fuel issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wll it just quit on me while I was driving down the road and wouldn't restart after that, inertia switch is still down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi WHen the car does not start, have you actually checked the fuel pressure, and checked if you even have power to the fuel pump?