Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Focus 2001 zx3 ZETEC 2.0l low mile engine <5k miles.

Customer Question

Ford Focus 2001 zx3 ZETEC 2.0l low mile engine <5k miles. Just added turbo charger with air-to-air intercooler. MAF is on cold side on pipe from intercooler to throttle body. Ran perfect in the morning but in the afternoon less then 5 minutes from my house it lost power and began bucking. No acceleration and there was unburned gas smell. I pulled three DTC codes and the only relevant one was P1000. I noticed a dent on a 6" black metal vacuum line about 1" diameter (?) leading to the oblong block protrusion on the intake manifold side. Otherwise all wires and lines looked good. I received the following from the trubo kit designer and mechanic.... " I would guess since you have lack of codes, it's a secondary ignition issue. Do a plug read, got water by the boots? Check coil harness connection, plugs, wires, coil itself. Gap the plugs down a little more to see if it helps (should be around .028, go further to .2 for instance). Grab a set of jumper cables and ground the engine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since you are not setting any fault codes then go back and recheck your spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and compression as well as fuel pressure. Post back with the results and we can work from there to try and get this resolved.