Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

My 2007 Ford Escape won't shift from 1 to 2 until gh Rpm

Customer Question

My 2007 Ford Escape won't shift from 1 to 2 until high Rpm then goes threw the rest of the gears fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

did this start out of the blue one day ?

has anything been done yet to correct this issue yet ?

is the check engine light on ? or do you know if there are any codes set in the computer ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it just started one day no engine light and no codes have been thrown I haven't done anything yet cause I'm not sure of the direction to go
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

ok thank you for that information

with no light on the odds are the wiring and computer are fine and the shift solenoids are fine due to the fact you have 3rd and 4th gear

most of these issues are due to dirty fluid or sediment causing a valve to stick or bind in the valve body

the best action to take is to have a shop perform a transmission flush with a flush machine which will completely clean out the inside of the transmission then remove all the old fluid and add all new fluid

the odds are that will correct this issue

is by a rare chance it does NOT correct this issue then the pan would need to be removed and the valve body removed for inspection next

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer