SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior
Experience:  18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical
17143921

Have 2015 f-150 just 4 months old.... tried starting it this

Customer Question

Customer: have 2015 f-150 just 4 months old.... tried starting it this morning.. No electric ... its dead... tried jumping it but still nothing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: was fine yesterday... no power... its like the truck is totally dead.. tried jumping it but still nothing... unhooked battery then hooked it bat but nothing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: k
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning my name is***** first thing that comes to mind with the symptom your truck is showing is that the battery has failed in such a way that there is no connection through the battery from the positive post to the negative post. When you connected the jumper cables to attempt a jump start, did you notice at least the dash lights or dome light come on in the truck?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NOTHING....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NO HORN,NO ALARM...... TOTALLY DEAD
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ARE WE STILL CONNECTED ?

I am searching ford archives to look for known related conditions, is there any chance someone tampered with the truck?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I HAD A SNOW A SNOW PLOW KIT REMOVED YESTERDAY

Did the problem occur only after the plow was removed? Did you remove the plow yourself?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THEY REMOVED IT... I PICKED UP THE TRUCK... THERE WAS NO PROBLEM UNTIL THIS MORNINING

I suspect something was done during the removal, give me a few moments to look into the wiring diagrams of your truck, meanwhile do you have a battery charger or donor vehicle that you could leave connected (running) with jumper cables for ten minutes or so to see if we can get some voltage into a completely discharged battery while I look?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I WILL GET THAT STARTED NOW

Do you know which engine you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
5.0L V8 FFV ENGINE

ok, thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
COMING ON TEN MINUTES.... SHOULD I GIVE IT A TRY ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
TRIED STARTING IT....... NOTHING !!!!

Yes, see if we have any lights or anything

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NOTHING

Ok, I am attempting to get you some fuses to check

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
K

In the fusebox over the passenger front wheel well, check fuse 38 (10a), fuse 13 (60a), and just to the engine side of this fuse box is a smaller ( high current battery junction box ) where you will find two MEGA fuses, we need to see if you have power in and out of the 300 amp MEGA fuse

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I CAN'T TELL WHICH ONES YOUR ASKING ABOUT.... THERE NOT NUMBERED

I will see if I can get you an illustration

first, here is an illustration of where the fuses are located, Im working on the fuse location illustration

Here is a map of the fuse panel

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
38 AND 13 ARE OK

I cannot seem to find an illustration of the Mega fuses, were you able to locate them?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NO

ok, I will try a couple of other resources to see if I can get an illustration for you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THERE IS ANOTHER FUSE BOX INSIDE AT THE FOOT OF PASS. SIDE COULD IT BE THERE/

No, this would be on the side of the engine compartment fuse box, there are two Bolted on MEGA fuses, under a removable plastic cover

I apologize, I have a bit of a family crisis and must leave, I am going post this back to the board and allow for another tech to continue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IS ANYONE STILL CONNECTED?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IT WAS THE BATTERY
!!! DO NOT CALL. !!!!
DO NOT CALL
TRUCK REPAIRED

I am so sorry to bail on you like that, my daughter was in a car crash, Ive. spent the day at the hospital. I am glad you got it figured out. Thank you for using just answer.

would you still like to rate the answer that I provided ?