Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have locked the key in my Ford Expedition 2004 and do not

Customer Question

I have locked the key in my Ford Expedition 2004 and do not have an extra key. I bought the vehicle used so I don't know the code for the door pad. Is there any way to reset this so I can get into my suv?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Theres no way to change it and no way to access it without getting into the vehicle.

You are either going to have to "break in" one way or another (I personally recommend a long reach kit with inflatable door wedge) or have a locksmith open it or if you have a local locksmith or dealer open tomorrow you can get a spare metal key that will only open the doors cut for you for about 50 bucks or so if you bring in proof of ownership and ID.

If you dont have AAA you may want to check your cell phone bill or car insurance. Many times they will sneak in a roadside assistance policy which should cover getting you back in.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not much more info than I had other than can't open with key pad.

Unfortunately I can only answer the question you asked.