Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2002 F250 with a Triton 5.4 that cranks but will

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2002 F250 with a Triton 5.4 that cranks but will not turn over. We have a road that floods and this problem started after that. It has happened three times but would eventually start now in yard and nothing. Up until this I have always barely had to hit the ingnition switch and cranks right up even at 10 degrees
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I have checked fuses no burnt out ones, Tank is full, I do get a flash of the fuel cap not on and this happens each time it doesn't start right up and now it won't turn over. This along with the engine check light but it will go off if I keep cranking?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the problem
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

I dont know the problem. Especially because I am not there in front of your truck. But I can tell you how to diagnose the problem if you would like.. or I can give you some possible causes. It is up to you. Which do you prefer?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!