Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Why is the power asist steering on my 2004 thunderbird so

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** B. why is the power asist steering on my 2004 thunderbird so hard to steer?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes. the car has only 23000 miles on it. i bought it about a week ago. the dealer says thats the nature of the retro t-birds?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

They definitely dont have a really easy steering.. the steering is a bit stiff by nature.. more of a sport car feel.

Is it REALLY hard or what? If the dealer is saying its normal they are probably telling the truth. I cant personally feel it so its tough for me to say for sure.