James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 1996 ford super duty with a 7.3. I recently

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1996 ford super duty with a 7.3. I recently purchased this. It run poorly, I found that the injectors in # ***** & 2 cyl were not firing the rest do well. I pulled the two injectors and found a badly fouled tip on #1 and some missing o-rings on #2 the injectors were replaced, I also replaced a faulty connector to the valve cover gasket and checked contiuity from the connector by the fuse box to the connector I replaced the this was ok ,7-1.3 ohms to the connector at the gasket. Thought I had it made.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what do want to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I am at my wits end as it now seems I have an issue either with a wiring harness or control module that controls the firing of the injectors.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, is the vehicle still running rough after you replaced the injectors? When the vehicle warms up does it smooth out?

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, were you able to get your concern fixed?