Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Lon 2012 f 550 6.8 the lights intermite blink when the

Customer Question

Customer: Lon 2012 f 550 6.8 the lights intermite blink when the vehicle is parked
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: spare truck stayed parked key off the lights flash ocassionaly enough to kill the battery after a few days if it isn't run. The dealer told us that was normal when the trucks were new. I am the new fleet manager
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I have 2 of these F 550 that do the same thing
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 11 months ago.

Contrary to what the dealer told you, the lights should not come on when the key is off. The only way the lights should flash or come on is if you use the remote entry keyfob. If it happening without any input from the driver, then the BCM may need to be updated or replaced.