Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2000 f350 7.3 have to spray starting fluid to start

Customer Question

I have a 2000 f350 7.3 have to spray starting fluid to start when I let go of pedel the truck dies
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You wrote that you did injectors, HPOP, and fuel pump? When were these done? Why were they done?

Do you have a scanner to get a reading on the ICP pressure for desired and actual?

Was the IPR checked and/or replaced?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just changed everthing this weekend
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you help
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
scaned the truck with ford ids no codes
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

What does the ICP pressure show?

Why were the parts changed? What was the issue? I want to make sure there is nothing from before that could be causing the issue now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Parts were changed because it was doing the same thing ...don't know icp pressure laptop at the shop
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

The ICP pressure is very important on these trucks. You may have done that work for nothing.

When you can, connect up and see what ICP is showing and the amount of IPR demanded. This will help a lot with diagnosing the pressures as to why you are losing and where. Either the oil pressure is dipping too low or the fuel which is causing the issue. This is obvious. Question is which one and that is where the monitoring will assist.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If when I do that an I hvno icp pressure what can it be
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

If you have none, then the pump you got is defective. You want 800 at crank, then you want to be no more than 20 to 40 lbs below desired. Anything more and the IPR is bad, a seal is rolled, or one of the injectors is bypassing.

There are many variables and that is why it is best to check the ICP pressure. It can give you a lot of insight as to why the pressure is not up high enough before swapping parts out. The IPR wasn;t done from the list you have and the issue may just be in it.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?