Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Got a f550 with 6.4 diesel. Just replaced uppipes and now

Customer Question

Got a f550 with 6.4 diesel. Just replaced uppipes and now showing 3 codes. P2033 p242d p2455. Egt sensors are showing 210ohms approx. Dpf sensor shows continuity on 2 of 3 wires. On egt #2 - there is continuit between on the harness side- which struck me as odd.
Also, fuel gauge isnt working. It shutters a tad on key on, but thats it. And blank for km to empty. Harness to pcm is a bit weathered but the connectors look ok
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Do you have a scan tool with live data?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes and egt 1 is at 80 deg f and egt 2 is showing 1400 deg f. Which is obviously out to lunch. I do not have a reading for the other 2 egt sensors.

Yeah.. have you followed the wires from EGT 2 to the PCM to see if they are shorted? Or cut the wires near the PCM connector?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Got everything sorted out! Thanks for tour help